The Life of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji aims to provide a detailed narration of the life of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji – Our Nineth Guru. The contents are based on authentic and prominent historical references and evidences.
Efforts has been made to collate as many relics, edicts and sites associated with Guru Ji available at the time of making this book.
The book takes readers through:
- all prominent events/interactions throughout Guru Ji’s life, narrated in a biographical format;
- detailed account of Guru Ji’s interactions with amongst others; Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Mata Nanaki Ji, Makhan Shah, Dhirmal, Maluk Das;
- detailed account of the martyrdom of Bhai Mati Das Ji, Bhai Sati Das Ji, Bhai Dayala Ji and Bhai Mani Singh Ji and Jothi Jot of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji;
- Lineages of prominent figures like Baba Suraj Mal Ji, Bhai Mati Das Ji and Bhai Mani Singh Ji are included.
- Summary of Guru Ji’s banis in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Guru Ji’s references in Ganjnama, Bachitar Natak, SrI Gur Sobha;
- Photographs of Hukamnamas issued by Guru Ji together with its translations.
- Rare paintings of Guru Ji
- summary of all historical facts linked to Guru Ji; including swords, scripts, insignia with pictorial evidences.
It is hoped that the book will create more love and affection for the benevolent Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji in the readers.
Author: Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Academy
Year Published: Vaisakh Vadi 5, 2074 Bikarmi (16th April 2017 CE)