The Life of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji aims to provide a detailed narration of the life of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji – Our Second Guru. The contents are based on authentic and prominent historical references and evidence
Whilst there are many English translations available on the subject, these are usually available in the form of summarized ‘sakhis’ or analytical works carried out by renowned scholars.
This is a first attempt to provide a detailed narration of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji’s life. The narration takes readers through:
- all prominent events/interactions throughout Guru Ji’s life, narrated in a biographical format;
- the most detailed lineage of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji in English;
- selected accounts of Guruji’s conversations with Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Guru Amardas Ji, Baba Buddha Ji and Guruji’s disciples; amongst others;
- summary of Guru Ji’s contributions which include the invention of Gurmukhi Script, 63 Saloks in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Guru Ji’s references in Varan Bhai Gurdas;
- summary of all historical facts linked to Guru Ji and a summary background of Guru Ji’s family members, extended family members and lineage.
It is hoped that the book will provide readers with an increased appreciation of the boundless virtues of Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji.
Author: Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Academy
Year Published: Vaisakh Sudi 1, 2074 Bikarmi (27th April 2017 CE)