Terms & Condition
- When you register with the SGGS Academy website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform the SGGS Academy as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on this website, and updating your online wallet.
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through the SGGS Academy website will be with the SGGS Academy Trust whose registered office is situated at 2nd Floor Wisma Tatt Khalsa, 24, Jalan Raja Alang, Kuala Lumpur, 50100 Malaysia.
- SGGS Academy must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the advertised price will be taken at the point of order. Charging your payment method does not mean that an order has been accepted by the SGGS Academy. Once payment has been processed, the SGGS Academy will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide. The email will include your name, the order number and the total price charged. The SGGS Academy acceptance of your order (which will happen when the SGGS Academy dispatches your order) brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- SGGS Academy will not process any orders in the case of errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods (including the advertised price of the goods) appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email and reserve the right to cancel your order.
- This Site is strictly for personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to use the site for commercial or business purposes or to place orders which will be, or are being, sold on to a third party. If you are suspected of using the site in any of these ways then we reserve the right to withdraw from any relevant contract(s) and cancel your order(s).
Your right of cancellation
Items sold are not refundable and returnable.
Availability of goods you order
If the SGGS Academy has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, or cannot obtain the stock from our stores, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by the SGGS Academy from your payment method will be credited to your account and the SGGS Academy will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. SGGS Academy will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation or to supply the goods in this situation.
Delivery of goods to you
SGGS Academy will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give the SGGS Academy at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of dispatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the web site are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are dispatched to you from our distribution centre.
This is as follows:
- If the goods the SGGS Academy delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, the SGGS Academy shall have no liability to you unless you notify the SGGS Academy in writing at the SGGS Academy contact address of the problem within reasonable time of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were dispatched to you, the SGGS Academy shall have no liability to you unless you notify the SGGS Academy in writing at the SGGS Academy contact address of the problem within reasonable time frame from the date on which the goods were dispatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to the SGGS Academy under this condition, the SGGS Academy only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged ; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid.
- the SGGS Academy will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to the SGGS Academy under this condition and the SGGS Academy shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (3) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit the SGGS Academy liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
The SGGS Academy shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which the SGGS Academy excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
SGGS Academy operates a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the SGGS Academy 2nd floor, Wisma Tatt Khalsa, 24, Jalan Raja Alang, Kuala Lumpur, 50100 Malaysia.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Malaysian law. In the presence of law of any other country, the Malaysian law shall prevail.
These terms and conditions, together with the current the SGGS Academy website prices, delivery details and the SGGS Academy contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by the SGGS Academy. SGGS Academy shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading, save that nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. SGGS Academy shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
SGGS Academy is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Neither the SGGS Academy nor any of its Trustees, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organizations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavors in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organization, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organizations, company or individual on the part of the SGGS Academy.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of the SGGS Academy, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with the SGGS Academy, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of the SGGS Academy is strictly prohibited.
In these terms and conditions:-
SGGS Academy’ means the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Academy, 2nd floor, Wisma Tatt Khalsa, 24, Jalan Raja Alang, Kuala Lumpur, 50100 Malaysia;
‘business day’ means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
‘us’ means SGGS Academy and you together; and
‘you’ and ‘your’ means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions